How To Install Window Sills
The length and depth of the window sill must be specified by the client. The max length of a window sill is 120″, and the depth is typically between 4″ and 10″. If a window sill needs to be longer than 120″, it will have a seam and be sent in two parts.
Thickness is typically between 9/16″ and 5/8″. Finished edge(s) will have a slight radius, and the window sill ends will have straight, cut edges. When ordering, you must specify which ends are needed to be finished.
Window Sill Installation Instructions
- Clean ledge to your personal preference.
- Measure length of ledge.
- Measure length of window sill and trim window sill if necessary. If a trim is needed, we recommend cutting the window sill with a masonry blade on a skill saw; it can be dry cut.
- Place window sill on ledge to verify fit and look, pull window sill out.
- Lay line of adhesive material on ledge.
- Place window sill on ledge.
- Caulk around edges. Remove excess caulking.
- Clean window sill with warm, soapy water, or other cleaning product if preferred.
NOTE: Dark colored window sills will need to be polished to maintain luster.